Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Journey to the Beach: Getting There

If you're going on a trip, you may as well have some fun getting there. Carrie and I like to look out the windows, but Shane's picky.

So we stopped at a Chic-Fil-A in Maryland for breakfast. 


We spent almost an hour there before braving the bay bridge.


If you've never seen the bay bridge, it's huge. Pictures don't really do it justice.

If you're scared of bridges, it's 4 miles long and can sometimes have slow traffic leaving you parked over the water.

I think it's cool.


I thought Shane would go bonkers, but he didn't. In retrospect, he probably couldn't see well enough from his car seat to realize how high up we were.

He was far more impressed with the mannequins.


After we cleared the bridge, we drove until we hit some retail stores for another pit stop. Shane tried to shake every mannequin hand he found. I think he viewed them as life-sized Legos. He wanted to spin and turn their arms every which way.

Carrie split off to shop while Shane and I roamed and rolled.


Translation: if I tried to pick the direction to roam Shane rolled on the floor.


He hid, too, but that was my idea. He decided it was cool enough to follow.

PS - Chick Fil A had a food trailer.


If I had not had it for breakfast, I could of had fried chicken for lunch.

But that's okay. We had more distance to cover and Carrie found a Wawa in Delaware.


We hit two of my favorite fast/convenient food bad habits back-to-back. I was fat and happy.

The rain and constant traffic took more of a toll on Carrie. We found an ice-cream shop next the rental agency.


I asked Carrie if Jack and Jill compared to Turkey Hill and got a laugh. Shane thanked us whenever we "cleaned the drips" of his cone. He wasn't the least bit suspicious (the fool!).


The drive took us over 6 hours with pit stops included. We had to detour out of the way when there was a big sign saying "Accident: both lanes blocked" on the artery in. We left at 9 AM and arrived at the rental agency at 3:30 PM or so. Matt and Renee arrived at the rental at about 5 PM. They'd left at 11:45 AM. 

Beaches are popular in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment