Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Kim and Ryan's Wedding: The Wedding!


Kim and Ryan are officially married! The ceremony was Saturday, June 28th, 2014. 

Shane was the ring-less ring-bearer. The bride and groom know my son well! 

However, Shane would have done well with the rings. He walked down the aisle next to his Mommy a perfect gentle-tot. Shane hammed it up. He loved all the attention. His smile was ear to ear and I swear he posed for at least a couple photographs. Shane is a cute customer.

Once he delivered his pillow, Shane and Mom sat down next to me in the front. My phone already had "Where's My Perry?" running with all of the sounds muted. Reasonably silent toddler: Accomplished!

The rest of the ceremony went off without a hitch. The pastor had a clear sense of humor throughout. At one point, he said, "Ryan, I love you, but you're supposed to look at her when you say the vows!" The actual vows were fairly long. The pastor would said a few words and then Ryan or Kim would repeat (pending on who's turn it was to say them). The only scripture was at the end when the pastor said, "Be fruitful and multiply! But take your time!" 

I'm looking forward to when the wedding photographer posts more pictures online. I'm no artist, but Ryan and Kim made for a photogenic couple. I want a nice picture of my own hot wife and cute son walking down the aisle, too!

Shane could only stay good for so long. He was back to his hyper, rolling across the floor, trying to duck under pews self after the ceremony. Carrie and I hung back to let everyone else go through the receiving line while Shane cavorted around with his Captain America shield bribe. I made sure to stick it back in the church lost and found before we left. It was incredibly tempting to keep, but I figure if someone loses something at a church they should expect to find it there!

Kim and Ryan got a bubble send off. Then Shane got a bubble party!


That was the only time I pulled my phone out. I was too busy being part of the moment. We were getting ready to back out when they pulled us back in for some family photos. I want to see those, too!

Kim and Ryan must be happy with how things turned out. They were full of smiles and if something went wrong then I certainly didn't detect it. They were still smiling when we saw them again at the reception.

Congratulations, Kim and Ryan! The next time you visit Shane I'm going to point out your rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment