Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Day Later After a Buck Short

Wrestling competition - Take Two.

Verdict: A good day.

Today was a different story than Thursday. The competition was lighter and the boys came across as less shell-shocked. Everyone won at least one match. I was very pleased. We got stuck on some shots, but we shot!

I had a good feeling going in. The boys came in Friday ready to go. They wanted to wrestle each other for minute and a half rounds. I'd thought up some things to say, but decided to let things run their course instead. Losing is part of wrestling and how you handle it is important. I liked what I saw. I caught up with Coach and let the boys warm-up as they saw fit. When 4:00 PM hit, I said a few things and started practice for real.

I guess they listened,

Meanwhile, Shane watched Little Einsteins and played on my phone. Carrie worked, so he had to stick with me. I let him play on the ropes afterward.

1 comment:

  1. Those ropes look like a lot of fun! What a treat for Shane! Thanks for the picture and the interesting blog. We're so proud of you, Coach Mike!

    ReplyDelete