Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Happy Birthday, Shane!

Shane turned five years old on December 6th. We were all sick, so there was no party. Carrie and I wanted to make the day feel special somehow, though. We sang to him when he woke up. Then his Sunday school class sang later. Grandma Lois, Nana, and Pop, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Kim and Jama all either called and talked to Shane or left him a message, too.

It was an all day affair.

After church, I drove Shane to Harris Teeter. He got to pick out cupcakes for school on Monday and ice cream for the ride home. We opened some presents and had a Shane-centric day. Too much time has passed for me to remember it all.

Monday, was the big surprise. Carrie ordered a special present she found online.


Blew his mind. Shane loves Wild Kratts.

The camera cut out and I didn't capture the many, many hugs Shane gave his Mommy. He was so ballitzoid happy he ran around, yelled "This is awsome," hugged me, and probably would have hugged the cats if they hadn't ran.

Shane can't want to show Nana when they arrive on the 12th. I told him he was going to have a Nana and Pop themed party!

No comments:

Post a Comment