Thursday, December 31, 2015

Reflection 2015

My goals from the past year are here.

There has been a lot of transition.

In the past year:
  • Carrie started a new job and moved to Charlottesville.
  • She lived in a rented townhouse.
  • I finished my first season coaching wrestling.
  • We sold our house.
  • Shane and I lived at Nana and Pop's until they moved.
  • Carrie and I bought a house in Charlottesville.
  • Shane moved to Grandma and Grandpa's.
  • He moved to Charlottesville next.
  • I slept at Jama's and at Matt's new house (which he and Renee bought in May).
  • I finished my last year teaching in Fairfax County and moved to Charlottesville.
  • In August, I started a new job.
  • In November, I started coaching wrestling again.
  • A week later, I became the head middle school coach.
  • Oh, and we got a horse.
  • Carrie fell off it.
  • Come to think of it, the Prius died back in April. 
  • That's when we bought the bug.
  • A moped may have been purchased somewhere in there, too.
  • Shane's been to three day-cares.
  • And that's the short list.
We figured out where we were going and got there, though. It was dramatic at times, too. We are not 100% settled to my standard, but we've come a long way.

Shane did get involved in preschool, soccer, and our community group. Wrestling is in progress. He attended a Pee Wee practice before Christmas. I wasn't sure he liked it, but he asked about it again today. 

Travel was more sporadic. We've received more visitors than we've taken trips. Shane and I have both been to SC and NOVA again. The boy and I road tripped down to Roanoke to see Kyle ref hockey, as well. We never made it west as a family. MomMom passed away in Montana. Carrie attended the funeral in St. Louis. The Oregon trip became a Carrie-only, immediate turn-around affair partly as a result. Our only family trips that come to mind were runs to Grandma and Grandpa's and a time-share sales pitch. We got adventures in and I feel connected to old roots, but I hope to get some more family trips in in the future (emphasis on family!). 

Shane's grown tremendously throughout. His baby pictures astound me. Shane read some beginner books for me on the couch earlier. I don't know what mischief he'll be capable of December 2016. 

Carrie and I's growth is harder to see. Carrie spotted a white hair in my beard for the first time (they've been there!). I won't tell you if she has any or from what. It'd be a toss up whether Shane or I caused them. 

Thank you, Lord, for giving and guiding us through an interesting year. I pray 2016 involves lots of settling in and growing roots, but mainly I'm curious to see where you'll take us (after I get some sleep first, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment