Sunday, August 6, 2017

Get-Out-Of-House-Itis

Shane and I scooted over to Staunton Sunday. It was a restless morning, so it was great to have a place to go!

It was less great when Shane learned Patrick's porch swing can tip over. Twice.


He figured it out and there was no third time, at least. Patrick and I talked outside while Shane scrambled all over the house and the tree beside it.


Shelby came home from babysitting, and we all went to stuff ourselves silly. We returned to the house after. Nothing fancy.


But then Shane got some electronics. Patrick and I played Battlecon and talked until the power ran out. Shelby napped (I'm amazed we didn't wake her up).


We had to head home eventually. Somehow, Shane had a little trouble getting into his car seat.

"Daddy, help me! I'm stuck!"


"Nah. I think I'll take a picture and laugh instead."

Wouldn't you know it? He got unstuck fast.


Shane fell asleep on the way home. He was tired from being overexcited all day. I was happy to get out of the house and see my brother.

The end of summer with Carrie being out of town has me feeling a little out of sorts. I'm less burned out, because I have more energy to be active. However, I'm still tired and sometimes when I have the energy I'm restless and unfocused. I guess I'm more ambivalent to the start of school for me, but happy to see Shane going into first grade.

Which made it extra nice to check in with Patrick. It was nice to talk about something other than Pokemon. Shane limits my social life in some ways, but family is always family. My family has always been kid-centric.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you went to see Patrick! You are such a great brother, dad and son! We are so proud of you, Mike. Your students are blessed to have such a good role model. They need that!

    Wow! Shane is getting so big, going into first grade. He is so wonderful. We miss him being here for Camp NanaPop. I'll see you later this month.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete