Monday, August 21, 2017

Open House Eclipse

There was a solar eclipse. You may have heard about it. I wasn't going to look, but my boss bought glasses!


She even led the charge out of a meeting when it first started. The glasses made the world look pitch black until you centered on a dull orange circle. The moon was creeping in from the right. Think Pac-man.


When we went out again: Clouds. Thunder. Then rain.

I thought it would be neat to see the eclipse, but it's not like we were somewhere the lights would go out (which would have been awesome).

There was a break in the clouds right before Shane's open house, though!

Shane and Carrie pulled up just in time.


Aaaaaand then the clouds covered it up again. I'm glad Shane got to see it!

We went inside and met Shane's teacher. She was super excited! Shane ate it up (and I reconfirmed I'm not cut out to be a K or 1st grade teacher. I am not that effusive!).


Everyone else must have come earlier, because we were the only ones. Shane went crazy on the yoga balls, and Carrie and I had visions of him bouncing all over the room come Wednesday. Hopefully, it won't be a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment