Saturday, August 26, 2017

Out and About Saturday

Tay's family had a garage/moving sale Saturday. Shane and I showed up for moral support.

And to try out the wares.


*Squish!*


*Stretch!*


We hung out for about an hour. Tay baked some muffins and Shane met their cat, Pipsqueak.


I like to think we helped drum up interest.


In reality, Shane climbed around and had a ton of fun with a bungee cord.


Shane would have been happy to hang out with Tay all day, but I didn't want to overstay our welcome. Plus, there were library books to return. Shane was mesmerized by the new parking meters about to go into effect.


I loved seeing him browse books.


I can't get him to do this at home. I enjoyed it while it lasted.


We would have stayed longer, but I set up a play date with Dylan and Eli. John and I took the boys on a walk through the woods.


Dylan loaded up his pockets with rocks and grabbed two whacking sticks in case there were any snakes. He gave his dad a few extra just in case.


I wish I could say that the boys were so worn out they crashed and got along when we returned. However, we had to deal with multiple Dylan and Eli conflicts with Shane narrating until we got to that point.


When Krista got home from work, the boys got popsicles and climbed the wall outside.


The hose came out next. Civil engineering 101. Dylan and Eli worked the hose while Shane inspected the water flow downhill.



The water must not have been flowing fast enough. If there were 2 tons of rocks filling the trench, the boys removed one.


Shane and I cleared out for dinner. We went by Wegmans on the way home to meet up with Mommy. She'd been out all day checking on Nibs and riding. Everyone got to enjoy the beautiful weather!


Shane and I got back home a little after 7 PM. We went up to the garage sale somewhere close to 8:30 AM, so it was an out and about type of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment