Thursday, December 17, 2020

Those Darn Cats



Max and the kittens are the most brazen. Sometimes I lock Loki in to have a chance to eat.


And he'll look to me for moral support until I make them go away! I've turned around and found a cat in the cage with him while he watches them eat.


He's not as food driven as most dogs I know (Maybe he enjoys the delights of the field too much...).

Not that Carrie would admit the cats are at fault. Max is her old girl and the kittens are too cute to correct.


She may take the feline side over the dogs, but she can't deny that the cats don't cause any trouble. Aria learned how to open cabinets. Mostly...maybe. It takes her multiple tries. Whether it's because she likes to make noise or the cabinet slips before she slides in it does a great job of waking Carrie up in the middle of the night!

We used to put objects in front of doors, but there are a lot of cabinets in the kitchen. Sometimes things get moved or maybe she pushes them out of the way.

I thought I was pretty clever with the dog pen until I saw this.


I could have helped her out, but I didn't. I waited for a better picture and got to see how she slithered in in the first place!


Carrie installed magnets. So far, those have worked.

Another example of cat mischief involves the cat trees Barbara donated to us. The cats love them and one of the kittens discovered she could launch herself from the top bed to the top of the entertainment center.


She had a grand time knocking the mouse off and messing with the equipment for the security cameras, so Carrie moved the cat tree to prevent further exploration.


I can't deny that the cats are photogenic. 


I caught them trying to hunt a stinkbug on the ceiling.


Tsuki failed to capture it.


Aria came to join her, but didn't have much more luck that I saw.


Then again, I didn't see the stinkbug later. I'm fine if they ate it as long as I don't have to pay a vet bill! I don't want to deal with any mice in the house again, but if the mice come I hope the girls eat them.


I guess the cats keep life from getting too boring for Loki without Shane around. They keep Carrie happy too when they aren't waking her up at night. She squeals when Tsuki (aka "Mom cat") runs to her and ooh's whenever Aria (aka "Dad cat") dives into my lap the moment I sit down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment