Saturday, February 6, 2016

Conference Tournament


I drove almost an hour and a half to coach at the conference tournament. We had one kid finish second and a pair get third. All three qualified for the regional tournament.

We also had one kid mouth off at a ref not once, but twice. He was ejected from the tournament. The refs went out of their way to allow a second chance he didn't deserve. Then he blew it. I hope he learned a life lesson from it, because it was idiotic by my reckoning.

Coach mentioned again that I should apply for the job next year. I told him I liked the middle school gig and I couldn't coach both. Maybe that will change when Shane is older. Family comes first. I don't want to disappear from 8 AM - 7 PM five nights a week plus duals and tournaments until Shane's on the team or a disgruntled teen who doesn't want to see me anyway.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you for putting family first!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you for putting family first!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete