Sunday, February 28, 2016

End of Season Party

"What's my surprise!?" Shane asked.

"It's not YOUR surprise. It's for my wrestlers. You just get to tag along," I said.


Shane was a-okay with that. He recognized the parking lot and got giddy.

After all, who doesn't like to JUMP around?


The banquet wasn't enough. I wanted to have some sort of end of year activity kids could look forward to. Especially since we had meet after meet cancelled. The school never came through with the shirts or the reschedules, either.


So, we Jumped! All six of my kids made it. One family brought their 5 year old. Shane knew him from Pee Wee and they played their hearts out.

This is the only non-blurry pic I got of the boys: The back of their heads. They didn't sit there for long, either.


When the hour was up, I gave a very small speech. "Great job; Come next year!" I called out some superlative awards, as well. Nothing fancy.

Afterwards, we all went to the Kohr Brothers for ice cream. I bought all the wrestlers and Shane a treat.

I got to hear some wrestling stories, too. Two of my wrestlers who are in the youth program had a big weekend. One hit a 2-second switch to tie and win in overtime. Another went 4-0 and nailed a John Smith single I showed the team.

I was pumped. They were pumped, too, but I was pumped. I wish I could have seen the matches!

I was on a coaching high when we all said goodbye. Shane played in the rocks.


I said, "I guess it's free," and shrugged. He played and I thought. There are a lot of things I'd like to do next season. The next tricks are to figure out how to get more kids in the room and make the off-season productive.

1 comment:

  1. What a great time for Shane and all the other boys! So glad you did this! You are a great coach and dad!

    ReplyDelete