Sunday, November 15, 2020

The Pets Update

The pets are all eager whenever someone disappears into the main bedroom. I've been forced to learn to open the door a crack to check if any cat is already heading for the gap at speed. Tuski wants to be a ninja like Max (and she's harder to shoo out of the room when she does break in! She hunkers down under the bed).


The cats beg in the morning to be let outside. Carrie gets the final call, but I'm happy to let the "barn cats" play at being barn cats.


And it's cute when they play with the dog. Loki was trying to keep an eye on Laura walking Ernie in this shot, while kitty-kitty was keeping an eye on him. For what?


Tag of course!


Meanwhile, Max has no interest in dogs. She's happy to explore and the first one out the door. She ranges the farthest of all the cats. 


Aria is "my" cat. She's clearly claimed me and hunts me down wherever I sit to Carrie's great delight.

"Look at her! I want to take a picture."


Apparently, I used an incorrect look.

Tsuki is Carrie's favorite. I try to send the occasional kitten pic to boost morale if I feel it's flagging.


Tsuki has decided Carrie is her mother. She attempts to nurse. Nurse. She will nest, nibble, and suck on whatever blanket is on Carrie. I've never seen anything like it before.


And that bond with Carrie is the only thing keeping the cats in the house after they've had multiple "accidents." Aria's the only one who's been caught, but we've thrown away pillows and cushion covers.


Carrie's theory is that the kittens have peed anywhere they can nest and that smells strongly of dog or other cats. Loki's been banned from the couches for the cat misbehavior! We've picked up blankets, blocked the cat door into the guest bedroom, and provided a new litter box.


So far, it's been popular. Which is great, because cat pee is the drip of death to fabric.


I didn't want Loki on the furniture originally, but it feels unfair to change things now that I got used to it. It's fun to watch him bounce around after the cats!

Happy still loves him, at least.


I caught her giving him a kiss right on his face.


We really should work on leash training with Loki, but I'm not in a hurry to take him anywhere.  I suppose he could come on a hike, but he'd also neeed to get a collar and/or microchipped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment