Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Night Out

Carrie and I hired Meghan to babysit tonight. Our plan was to go to IKEA, but we ended up going out for dinner and custard with Genevieve and Chris. They also supplied some decorations for my evil plan (more on that later!).

Before we left, we showed Meghan Shane's favorite game on his learning software: Astronaut Alphabet/Numbers Blaster.

When we came home, we found this:


Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

This is the kind of thing I wish I thought of/had the energy for more. As a parent, I always want to do more and more for my son.

Sometimes the best thing to do is let someone else take over for a little bit. New perspective, new ideas, new fun and learning.

When they say "It takes a village to raise a child," it's partly to keep the parents from going nuts. The rest of it is for the child's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment