Sunday, December 8, 2013

Stay-at-home Dividends

The fruits of Carrie staying home are already starting to show.

1) Shane is wearing underwear all day long (including nap time). They're staying dry too! He was getting close before the switch to part time, but he's almost there now that he has a coach. I had to stop and ask if I needed to put a diaper on him tonight or to let him sleep in his Toy Story undies.

I bet he would've been trained by now if they were Superman undies, but CostCo didn't have those.

2) Carrie found a Cyber Monday deal for an educational website. I was skeptical at first, but Shane really likes it. He can use the mouse and he appeared to be fully engaged and learning. 

Cool.


It's hard to argue when it's successful. I started giving Shane "mouse lessons" a week or two ago, because I wanted his YouTube reward to be more interactive and less sit-and-get. Carrie must have had the same idea and went several steps further than me.

I'm glad she did.

I also think that she likes maintaining Shane's virtual hamster cage even more than he does. I bet I'll find her shopping with his tickets and rearranging things while he naps one day!

and 3) Carrie's really happy. She's enjoying her new job and she's getting to spend more time with Shane. She positively beams whenever he shouts "Mommy!"

1 comment:

  1. This is so nice to hear! We're glad it's such a blessing for all of you!

    Love, Nana and Pop

    ReplyDelete