Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Not So Growing Boy

Also before Bermuda, Shane achieved a bilateral ear infection.

Carrie took him to the doctor and asked him to check Shane's growth, as well. The doctor took one look at Shane and said something like, "He's healthy, but I'll compare the numbers."

When the doctor returned, the story had changed. It's been almost a year and Shane's height and growth have remained the same. He's healthy enough, watch a video of him, but the doctor was concerned. He told Carrie to up Shane's protein and fat intake and tone down the carbs.

It's something to watch. I'm not super worried. My family are notoriously slow growers, so the stall could be my genes kicking in. I went back and started looking at old pictures. Shane doesn't look much different. He wears the same clothes he did a year ago.

I hope a growth spurt is around the corner. Shane certainly looks and acts healthy. I'm glad that he's learning and developing socially and mentally, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment