Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Shane Quirks

Some Shane quirks:

Shane loves cereal milk. He will drink it all and leave a pile of mush if you don't watch him.

Whenever I'm up or late or sleep poorly, Shane wake up early. ALWAYS.

If you ask Shane if he wants to do something, the answer is "no" until he decides it's his idea. Sometimes a shout, stomp, and furrowed brow preclude a "Hey Daddy! I have an idea!"

Whenever Shane enters a new building, he wants to scope out the bathroom. If there are urinals he gets excited.

Once, Shane walked out of a bathroom at a Chinese restaurant and could not contain his glee. He beamed at the host and yelled, "GOOD JOB! You have a urinal! I didn't know that!"

Also, Shane will want to pee in the urinal and then poop in the toilet to spread the joy.

Shane will sometimes sing the planets song if he wakes up in the middle of the night.

Shane will also sing the planets song in the shower.

The planet song is sung on all happy occasions.

New foods elicit "No! I don't like that!" Shane will act like you're trying to hurt him until he takes a bite.

Shane knows not to answer "Have you tried it?"

Most of the time after Shane takes a bite of a new food he says, "Hey! I like that!" I won't make him continue eating a food I feel he gives a fair shake.

Shane loves to serenade Mommy. He constantly sings the "I love Mommy" and "You are my Sunshine" songs to her.

If Shane wants something he singsongs an extremely repetitive "I want ______. I want _____."

Shane does not get tired of singing these songs. I've tried to wait him out.

Whenever you do something Shane likes, he tends to say, "Good job!" I've been congratulated on buying Cheez-Its many a time.

Pop calls it "Shane's Klingon face" whenever Shane furrows his brow in an attempt to touch his eyebrows to his nose.

Shane really can almost touch his nose with his eyebrows. It's impressive.

Whenever I'm completely worn out and feel like I need to lay down Shane finds me irresistible to jump on. He will ignore me up until that point.

Shane hunts for a certain "chair cart" every time we go to Harris Teeter. He knows all of it's normal hiding places.

Shane knows the roads almost as well as I do. He doesn't know any names, but he always asks to go wherever it is we're going before we get there. "Hey! I have an idea! Let's go to the library!" He's very astute.

Peanut butter is a favorite food (naturally).

This list was a lot shorter this morning. You may have noticed it's grown! Shane has a lot more quirks, but it's hard to communicate them. I know him well now, but I know I'll forget them when new quirks come along. It's amazing how Shane grows and daily the new Shane covers up little pieces of the old Shane.

1 comment:

  1. This was too good to read only once. It makes me laugh out loud. I can't tell you how much Dad, Jama and I appreciate you taking the time and energy to write this blog. It will be such a treasure to Shane when he grows up.

    ReplyDelete