Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Week of Work

Work has begun!

This is an exciting time of year. I like seeing all the new faces and having a new place to wander around. It will be weird at first. I'm used to knowing everyone, where everything is, and exactly what I need to do. Now I have a new schedule, new subject, older students, and a smaller room at a school with a unique layout and new problems. Several of the staff asked the principal about active shooters and students smoking marijuana in the bathroom.

Life will be different.

Right now there's tons of meetings. They had to call 911 today when a woman had a heart attacking during (or perhaps due to?) the breakout mini-sessions. I hope she's okay. I was in a different room, so I don't know much.

Tomorrow I have to drive over 30 miles across the county for a Math meeting at a different school. I won't see the paycheck until September, but I'm glad the clock is ticking again! I am looking forward to getting the hang of high school.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww.... our son is moving on to high school. You'll do great! They'll love you and you'll be such a blessing to them. God is with you, always!

    ReplyDelete