Saturday, October 15, 2016

Promotion Ceremony

Promotion time!


Shane's so excited he just can't hide it.


But he had to for almost an hour!


I call it patience training. I'm sure his instructor thinks the same way.


Here's the unabridged clip for those interested.


Shane got a medal with his white belt! He was very pleased...


...until he noticed another little boy got a trophy.


He couldn't take his eyes off it. He lamented aloud with big sighs that he would never get a trophy like that.


Then he got over it. There was pizza. There are a lot more belts than I remember from when I was a kid (yellow and yellow with a green stripe?!), but I don't remember my promotion ceremonies having food either!

The sitting still for an hour was hard, but it was a fun event.


There should be plenty more ceremonies to come where Shane can try and earn a trophy and work on his smile.


The master broke out a pool noodle and played games with the kids for the last little while. Pent up energy released everywhere! 


Shane sure enjoyed himself. Carrie and I enjoyed watching. Shane will start his new class for kids with belts next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment