Monday, December 6, 2021

Happy Birthday, Shane!

Happy birthday, son of ours!

Shane actually stayed home from school today. We were up early and he asked.

Carrie said, "Sure."

Nana would've NEVER let me stay home for my birthday. However, we think Shane was anxious about going to school after most of the kids he invited were no shows to his party. 

So we let him stay.

He was supposed to help out with chores and the house, but Carrie's a softy. She skipped out on some of the work herself and I had to play catch-up during evening chores! 

Instead of working, I know they went and got ice cream.


Shane went back to school as normal Tuesday and came home thrilled. The class got in trouble while he was out! They'd been acting up during a math lesson and he didn't get dragged in. No, Shane got to go outside for extra recess, so the teacher could reteach the lesson from Monday that he already understood.

Shane is officially 11 and closer to being a tween and then a teen! At this point in my life, I can't imagine not being a father. It's funny how kids do that to you. I'm glad you're my son, Shane!

No comments:

Post a Comment