Friday, December 10, 2021

Some Barn Updates

Supposedly, Eowyn's baby is roughly the size of a groundhog. You can't hear it yet, but Carrie likes to listen to Eowyn's innards anyway.


I only deal with what comes out of said innards.....which will eventually include Baby's poop, too, I guess.


Originally, I was going to write up a post on all the horses and where the barn is at. 

But I'm in catch up mode! You get a shorter post with a few vignettes.

Like the time Carrie jumped up and said, "Mike...there's a horse in the yard!" This was not the first time I've heard that, but it'd been a while. 

Abby was walking along the boys' fence-line. Carrie had seen her in the security system and went on alert when she realized Abby was walking in front of the fence posts! I took a quick picture as I went down the stairs.


Abby saw us coming and bolted. But she bolted to the best possible place: The barn. We ran and shut the doors before she could change her mind! From there it was easy for Carrie to get her into a stall.


Her escape route was easy to diagnose and fix. 


All's well that ends well. I can only recall two other times a horse has gotten out into the yard, so Abby gets to join an illustrious club with limited membership.

I wish our hoses worked as well as our fences. The hoses seem to have trouble keeping water in.


Carrie bought new hoses not too long ago (I want to say late summer?). Both new hoses have already sprung leaks and they're getting worse. For now, I use the leak to my advantage to fill multiple buckets simultaneously. 


And to end this post up, I present Maddy dancing.


I took a video of Maddy's reaction while Carrie rubbed ointment on her rear medicine and while Maddy doesn't like medicine she likes scratches!


 Just goofy silliness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment