Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Quick Scare

Carrie woke up on Tuesday with a twinge in her chest. It came and left quickly. We discussed it briefly and went about starting our day. Carrie made sure she had all the newest health insurance cards before I left for work just in case.

My phone buzzed a couple of hours later.


My parents dropped everything and met with Carrie at the hospital. I am very thankful. I knew they'd support my wife and I wouldn't have to worry about her being stressed and alone. I kept everything to myself and worked to pay the co-pays and drop-in day-care fee. I figured I'd only bring it up if I somehow ended up in a situation to teach a student the lesson "You never know what challenges someone else may be facing" or if an opportunity came up to demonstrate I could empathize with someone in a similar situation. Neither of those things happened. My brain is wired for teaching, I guess.

Back to the story at hand: Nothing came of the ER visit. The doctors didn't see anything on the x-ray or the other tests that caused them to rubber gloves and surgical masks. Carrie was discharged with a bunch of 3M electrodes still attached.

There was a follow up appointment with a cardiologist today. He suspected Carrie may have developed an arrhythmia and set up an another appointment for an Echo Cardiogram next week. 

I'm praying for God's will to be done, but hoping that there is no problem all the same. I like to tell Carrie she's stuck with my antics for many decades to come! She likes to think that, so we're a good match!

I figured I'd write a post in case this did turn out to be a turning point of some sort. At the very least, Shane may look back and wonder at the 'archaic' technology we used to communicate. "You held your phone back then?"

Speaking of Shane, he loved his day at day-care. He didn't want to go when I picked him up. "Look Dad at the toys! Want to play with me?" He went accident free, too! I'm a proud Papa. 

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you! Please let us know how the additional tests go. Love you guys! Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete