Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Another Tuesday, Another School Visit

Shane loves visiting me at school. I love him visiting, too. I want to live up my 'teachers are rock stars' status as long as I can (2nd grade if I'm lucky?).

Today, we visited a friend who works with students who need the most intensive special education support.

She has the best toys. One of them has to be at least four decades old, but is awesome. It grabbed Shane's attention, and then it grabbed my attention when I saw what he had.


They don't make toys like they used to.

Of course, my attention wandered away much faster than his. That's when I pull out the camera. Shelley, my friend pulled out a few more toys to get Shane's attention, but he was rapt with the tower. He could be distracted for mere minutes before he went back to it.


Easy parenting. I wish I had one at home (though that would cause the toy to lose it's "special-ness" by being around so often....Shane would tire of it and never go back!).

Shane and I made the rounds up and down the halls afterwards. He had a very impressive conversation with the speech teacher. We got fruit snacks and a rice crispy treats from my friend, Ellie, who teaches math. We hit up a science classroom, an English one, and the teacher work room. Shane said hi to one of my students in the office who missed his bus.


What can I say? I love showing my son off. I love the sense of wonder he shows at the school. I love doing something different than the normal work at the work place or home stuff at the house place. We both enjoy our time together before I stuff him into his car seat to avoid traffic.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment