Monday, February 24, 2014

Is it Spring Yet?

Saturday was a "Spring-tease." It was almost sixty degrees, the sun was shining, and yet there were still piles 
of snow!

Shane had a lot of fun throwing snowballs over the fence to Roxy. She'd jump, catch, and eat the while he chortled.


Spring weather also allows for spring walks. Shane and I went around the corner to visit his favorite mailbox.


I'm so glad that the people who own the mailbox don't mind and/or don't notice us milling about.


Roxy enjoyed the walk, too. She was extra excited when Shane started carting around tree branches.


Numerous offshoots were pruned when Shane got careless. He'd get mad, but what can you do? If you wave a branch in front of a dog you're asking to lose some bark. It was the highlight of her day (after the snowballs, of course).

We went home a tired trio. I put on an episode of Clifford to let Shane rest.

Then, when Shane thought things couldn't get any better, I pointed out the window. "Who's that driving by, Shane?"

"IT'S DANIEL!" Shane shouted! A second wind filled my son. I could barely keep up. Shane's shoes were barely on before I opened the front door and he bolted out. "DANIEL! DANIEL! IT'S YOUR FRIEND SHANE!"

Ha! I had to race out after sans shoes. That level of excitement and enthusiasm was meant to be set free.


Mike ran inside and grabbed a second power wheels for Shane. Then Mike and I stood in the street and let the boys enjoy life on a cul-de-sac.

Shane and Daniel rode up and down the street until the batteries started to die. When Daniel's ride began to lurch, Mike had to secretly push him with a stick back home. Daniel kept looking behind to check that his dad wasn't helping! Sure enough, he'd turn back around to steer and Mike would poke the toy car along! I laughed the whole return trip!

I'm looking forward to the return of warm weather. I think we'll all have a blast this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment