Saturday, June 7, 2014

Farm Day!


It started off as a garage sale hunt and it ended up much more rural.

I do love that you can do that where I live. Carrie, Shane, and I spent some time at a professional farm.

While Carrie browsed the vegetables, local honey, and flowers, Shane and I found one of the coolest little playgrounds ever: a wooden pirate ship!


It reminds me of the glory days of giant wooden maze playgrounds. My first elementary school had the most epic one. I still remember it and most of the layout! Those old playgrounds always had the feel of transporting you someplace special.

Shane felt transported, all right. He decided he was on a pirate ship!


It was sea shanty and jig inducing!


Shane made lots of "Arrs!" and tough-guy faces.


We had to climb out of the hold, because a shark got in! Nothing scares Pirate Shane, but sometimes a retreat is in order!

The farmer's market had great prices on plants. Carrie was kept busy for a while! I noticed on the way in that "goat feed" was listed for a $1. That meant goats!

Shane and I explored and found a horde of animals further in. Carrie joined us to see the sights and smell the smells! 


My wife and son had a ball. If I'm not careful, I may end up as a farmer myself one day.


Carrie had Shane pick long grasses to feed the goats.


The goats were very sad we didn't shell out a buck for feed. Do you think they're accustomed to visitors?


At first, I thought the alpacas were llamas. I immediately sent Carrie's cousin, Kim, a picture. The last time she was here, she showed us a llama dancing video on Vine.


They sheep were hiding in the shade. They bleated so loud you'd never mistake the field for empty.


I thought Shane would be more interested in the sheep, but he took one look at the ram and sprinted off.


We all enjoyed our morning! There's nothing like a Saturday with good weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment