Monday, June 30, 2014

Kim and Ryan's Wedding: Touristy Stuff

Kim and Ryan's wedding wasn't until Saturday evening, so we spent the morning playing tourists in Lititz. 

Our first stop, the Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery.


We didn't go on the tour, but we did buy three bags of cinnamon pretzel sticks and poke around! Those things are addictive.


Next, we went to the Wilbur Chocolate factory.


The shop was full of chocolates, candies, and old tools of the trade on display. You could watch confectioners dip strawberries in chocolate and work behind the scenes.


They also had some Wilbur Buds out for tasting! Shane liked them!


Carrie had some strong words when I asked her to compare a Wilbur Bud to a Hershey Kiss: "A Wilbur bud eats a Hershey kiss and then defecates it. You're eating the leftovers!"

Carrie went on at length to espouse the awesomeness of the Wilbur Bud over all competitors.

I nearly choked when I saw the prices. Don't get me wrong: The buds are a superior product. The taste is great, the texture is great, but I prefer my candy much cheaper. I'd shell out for a special occasion or just to see my wife go bonkers, but I wouldn't buy them for myself. I would have liked to try the chocolate coffee, though!

Lititz had a charming downtown and it was nice to poke around it. We didn't stay out for too long, because we had a wedding to go to! Hooray for Kim and Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment