Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday Fun

Kids eat free at Moe's on Tuesdays. 


The clown does face paint and balloons, too! Won't Carrie be surprised?


Also, just so we're clear, that is a ninja driving the balloon garbage truck.


Shane was ecstatic.


The line was too long at first, so Shane and I watched "Balloon Mike" until it died down. Shane literally jumped all over with excitement. If we had been in line, we'd have left it multiple times.


 When Shane did get to the front of the line, he stopped jumping up and down. Instead, he bounced non-stop in the chair! I held him for the face paint and he laughed and he laughed and he laughed. Balloon Mike said he'd never had a request for a garbage truck before Shane!


Sadly, Shane didn't heed my warnings about driving the garbage truck on the rocks. It lost a wheel lickity-split. 

Shane was upset. 

I pointed out he had a full belly, face paint, and three wheels left for a net gain, but that didn't console him. What did work was taking him outside to show his face paint around the neighborhood. He ran up to both an elderly Asian couple and a group of teenagers who were all very impressed!

I was on a Daddy-high the rest of the night. I loved it. I felt like a super-dad. 

Before we left, I spent half an hour on the couch half-awake half-asleep trying to stay conscious of what Shane was up to. The next half an hour Shane kept playing solo while I tried to convince him to get into the car. I felt like a blasé dad at best then. What a difference getting him out of the house made!

1 comment:

  1. Outings lift spirits and energize us all! So proud of you! What a fun dad!

    ReplyDelete