Friday, October 10, 2014

Prostatitis

A little over three weeks ago, my doctor diagnosed me with a case of non-bacterial prostatitis. 

I will never take for granted the ability to pee again.


Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate. It only happens in males. It's non-contagious.

For me, the symptoms were feeling like I was constantly about to drip or wet my pants. Key word: constantly. Then, whenever I did try to use the bathroom, nothing was as advertised. 

The first day it happened, I went on alert.

When it happened again next week, I called the doctor immediately.

I was put on antibiotics for a couple weeks and back to normal after 10 or 11 days. 

My wife will confirm I don't normally rush to go to the doctor. If anything, I get in trouble with Carrie, because I don't always tell her when I'm feeling off. This counted as 'needed help fast.' I had to let one of my periods out a early one day to make sure I got to a bathroom!

This post runs dangerously close to TMI, but I felt it needed writing. I haven't written anything for a few days, so I'll backpost it and who knows if anyone will find it. I firmly believe that one of the many reasons God allows crap to happen is to build empathy and understanding. I'm not likely to forget my experience and I will have plenty of patience with anyone who has any sort of bodily control issue.

Several of my students have reaped the rewards. I'm a lot quicker to let them go to the bathroom now even when I know they're faking it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment