Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Single Dad = Lots of Daycare

Shane's spent a lot of time at daycare lately. The past Tuesday and Thursday and then this Monday he clocked 11 hours a day (~6:30 AM -5:30 PM). He spent between 9-10.5 hours at daycare the remainder. I feel a little bad about it, but that's the life of a single dad. He goes to daycare, I go to school, and I pick him up on the return. I wake Shane up at 6:00 AM to get breakfast and get ready. Shane complained to his teacher this morning. "I got up before the sun."

Shane only spent 3.5 hours awake at home those days. From 6:00-6:30 AM (if you count that as awake and at home) and then from 5:30 - 8:30 PM (bedtime). It's hard to believe.

I can start to jailbreak him earlier now that wrestling is done (and I played catch-up on paperwork Monday). I picked him up at 4:00 PM today. Nana and Pop offered to take him one night this week, too. 

It depends on the house, but I don't think Shane will go to this daycare for much more than another month. If the house sells, we will give our two weeks notice and he will go to Grandma and Grandpa for a Shanecation. If the house doesn't sell quickly, we'll still probably ship him off and work on relocating Shane to Charlottesville. We've had a good experience, but things should be cheaper 100 miles south. 

No comments:

Post a Comment