Wednesday, February 25, 2015

State Championship Wrestling

We took 2nd in the state! 

I thought the wrestling tournament was cancelled when the cancelled school. However, they moved to a single elimination format. It really helped us, because we only had three kids qualify. Two became champions and one took second. Woo-hoo!

On another note, the split from three divisions to six divisions in the state thinned the talent pool more than I expected. I was surprised by the number of tech falls and falls in the finals. It does allow for more students to qualify for states and have a shot at a title, so I think it’s a good thing overall. 

Still, it might be fun to watch a tournament that took all the state winners (1A-6A) and have them match off.  

I don't know when off-season practice will begin. I will probably go regularly once Shane transitions to Carrie. Single-dad Mike won't have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment