Friday, February 13, 2015

Would you be my candy-giver?

Shane's school through a Valentine's party. I had no idea. That's not to say they didn't post notices, but I sure didn't notice. I gave him some candy to take to school that morning on a what felt like a whim. Then I almost picked him up early to watch wrestling with me. At the last second, I decided it would be better to watch my team wrestle first and then collect Shane. When I got to his school, the part was underway!

My favorite part: Shane cried as he held his candy bag from home to let other kids pick out what they wanted. Sharing is hard! Shane kept muttering to himself/them "Don't pick the big one. Don't pick the big one..."




It just goes to show that sometimes there's a plan much better going on than the one you first thought of. Everything worked out better logistically and Shane and I got on the road early to see Carrie in Charlottesville. Plus, Shane got to eat a chocolate cupcake.

Happy Early Valentine's Day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment