Thursday, February 26, 2015

Social Week

Shane and I were social this week. It’s fun, it protects the house, and keeps relationships alive.  I have the spare energy and time to do it now that wrestling is over.

Tuesday, we visited Nana and Pop. It was Taco Tuesday!


Shane enjoyed roughhousing with Pop.


We both spent the night. Shane was ready from the get go; Nana talked me into it. “Do you have anything to go home to?”

The next morning, I went to work and Shane went to Jama's to throw trash down the garbage chute (he loves that thing!).

Wednesday, we visited Kim and Ryan.



Ryan’s in a somewhat similar job situation to me: He’s not sure of where he’s going to end up next year. He will still be in the same county and he has a job, but what he really wants is to be involved full time with a high school band. Right now, he spends four days a week teaching music at a pair of elementary schools, one day teaching at a high school, and then he volunteers all over the place to make himself known.

Thursday was our Daniel Day.

Daniel came over and “helped” with our driveway.


I shoveled, Shane complained he wanted my shovel, and the boys knocked icicles off our neighbors’ bushes and frolicked in the back of Lisa’s truck. They had fun for an hour! They started to squabble after that. I think they were both tired and hungry, so I called it quits. Shane pounded down 10 chicken nuggets for lunch (with ketchup, of course – he gets that from Carrie).

After nap, I dropped Shane off at day-care to be social for a couple of hours. That gave me a chance to write up a few entries (ayub!) and set up another Daniel visit. We went over to play some more at 5:30 PM.

The boys played really well together. Shane was a little bit of a Fussy McFussyboy at first. Daniel cried and pouted when it was time to go. They take turns.


Jessica mentioned how much they'd miss us. We're playing more now than we did for a stretch. I think both families want to make sure the boys get play time in while we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment