Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Handling all the little things

Lots of little things take more time than expected.

Shane and I had our initial appointments at a new doctor's office in the past couple of weeks. He got his first ever flu vaccine. I skipped the last several years, but I'll do it because he did. (Side note: I couldn't help but think about what a responsibility it is to choose wisely for my son as he laid on the table. And my kid's healthy. May God guide the many people whose children are not.)

I've averaged 1.5 shots per week at my allergist for over a month. I fell behind with the move, new insurance, serum transfer, initial appointment, and life in general. They lower the dosage and make you work back up to the maintenance level (once a month). That translates to lots of shots. With travel and wait time, each 2 second shot eats up close to an hour. I was almost caught up when the bottle ran out and the nurse realized they should've started my new bottle instead. New bottles mean lower dose build up shots again. If I go Friday, I'll be back on maintenance.

I still need to find a dentist. My old dentist texts, emails, and calls to tell me they miss me. The Volvo is past due for an oil change, as well.

It takes a while to settle in and grow roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment