Monday, February 20, 2017

Nana and Pop are in Town!

I can't say we planned it, but it's awesome that Charlottesville is on Nana and Pop's way north to visit Jama! Shane hyper danced when they arrived.



Nana is still moving a little slower with her knee, so Shane had to be gentle.


First stop, the chickens.

"Carrie, you are living my dream!" Nana said.


If they stop by on the way home, I plan to give them fresh eggs!

Nana and Pop unveiled a few gifts themselves after the chickens. Nana made picture placemats for all of the grandkids. They're gun to look at.


To enjoy the weather, we took Nana and Pop out to the barn next.


Carrie showed off Mira and her belly.


Shane and I said "Hello," to the dogs.


He dodged horse landmines on his own. No one else wanted to partake.


Same with horse stall climbing.


It was hard to prevent Shane from getting filthy. Normally, I let him make a mess of himself.


However, we all planned to go out to dinner when we were done saying hi to Mira!


Carrie wanted to show Nana and Pop the Pub at Wegman's.


We had to get home in time for Pop to watch the Nebraska vs Virginia Tech Wrestling Dual.


The next morning, Carrie and I worked. Shane, Nana, and Pop drove out to Staunton to visit Patrick! He taught Nana how to play Pokemon Go on her phone.


You can guess what Shane did for the rest of the day.


If there was a charge in the battery, he begged.


If there wasn't a charge in the battery, he begged for one to get there.


I called Nana to meet up after work. She said they were busy catching Pokemon at IX Art Park and couldn't talk. I think she was caught up in the excitement of it herself!

We said goodbye over pizza at Harris Teeters ($8 Pizza Mondays!).


Shane found out Pop's stubble is more coarse than my beard.


Then again, from the way he laughed and squirmed he probably already knew.

I miss having all of my family around, but that's what happens sometimes. It's great that we get to see Nana and Pop as often as we do. I need to plan a NOVA trip and a South Carolina trip again. Don't know when though.

No comments:

Post a Comment