Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wrestling Season is Over

Two down as a head coach. I'm one away from tying the coach who taught me.

We had our last match on Tuesday with the private school down the road. I had hoped for a better showing after some kids went 3 and 0 last Tuesday, but it shows wrestling can be hard to predict. I'm glad we got to end with a match instead of a surprise fizzle like last year.

Today, we had our final practice. Five wrestlers showed. We played a slew of different wrestling games and I prayed no one would get injured (There were a few close calls).

All the kids improved throughout the season. I'm glad that they all got at least a couple of wins sprinkled in, too. More than that, I hope they gained friends and confidence in their abilities and what they can survive.

I'm happy to start having some time off.

Until next year.

1 comment:

  1. We're so proud of you for helping those boys by being their coach. You are a life changer!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete