Wednesday, February 1, 2017

In-FLU-enced to Stay Home

Shane woke up coughing at 5 AM. He didn't feel feverish to me when I checked his forehead, so I gave him some cough syrup. I hoped it would at least be a placebo and get us to sunrise.

Thankfully, I started to wake up more and realized something. I was feverish. Of course, he didn't feel hot to me. I used a thermometer this time. Then I grabbed the acetaminophen and emailed my boss. I must have shared my bug.

Shane and I showed up at the Doctor's as they opened. He didn't act very sick.


When the nurse took his temperature, she said it was 98.8 F. I think he jumped off the exam table and climbed back up on it. At that point, I half-hoped Shane would test positive for something, so that I didn't look crazy for bringing him in.

The medical student who came in next didn't seem too concerned (Maybe it's because he was a robot. Shane couldn't find his heartbeat with a stethoscope).


The doctor came in with a full face mask, though. Shane and I both got a q-tip up the nose.

Twas the flu.

It has to be the weakest flu I've ever seen, but contagious is contagious. The doctor was surprised we acted as healthy as we did.

Guess who all is going to stay home for a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment