Thursday, February 2, 2017

Ready to Be Healthy Again!

It's a weak flu, but it a flu. Shane's temperature and demeanor are fine while medicated. Overnight, the meds wear out.

Shane woke up at 5 AM Wednesday and 4 AM Thursday. He didn't go back to sleep either.

Thursday and Friday night, I wised up and set an alarm for 1:30 AM to refresh his meds.

The days have gone by well enough. I spent all of Wednesday and Thursday doing laundry. Shane's watched some TV, but not hours and hours. With me, Shane watched Ultraman and Time Fighters. With Carrie, we watched Finding Dory and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Shane listened to the audio book already). His countenance visibly changes when the fever creeps up on him, we medicate, and go back to playing and hanging out.

It's predictable.

Shane's enjoyed the home time, but I'm ready for everyone to be healthy again. He seems to be getting better quicker than me.

ADDENDUM: Once upon a time, when I was sick I knew the games I would play and the books I would read. I would binge on an anime or series. It's different now. The desires aren't the same. I want to do something that 'has a point to it.' I want to be purposeful and mind my purpose. Makes it harder to sit at home all day. I may feel very different when Shane's older and more self-sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment