Monday, June 5, 2023

A Little Off the Top (Summer)

I ended up with a lot of hair after a couple of years.


It came off.


Carrie finally okayed the cut. She cleaned me up afterward, but she's in mourning. She couldn't look at me without making a sad face for a while!


I've worn my hair pulled back for so long it naturally sticks up. I like it. It won't stay, sadly, so I'll just have to enjoy it for now.


I tell Carrie I look like Thor in her favorite MCU Movie (Ragnarok).

Shane cheered. He always had a thing about me having long hair (jealousy?). 

Months later, it still feels weird at times. I'll enter the shower and reach up to make sure my hairs undone and it's not there! Overall, life is way easier with short hair. The only reason I think I'd ever grow it out again is by Carrie's request. Otherwise, I'm happy with it short.

I was going to save the hair and tack it onto a hat to surprise Nana. Pip found the hair and thought it was an awesome toy, so that never happened. Shane was over-excited and, even after I told him my plans to surprise Nana, ran over with the phone on a video call to try and tell her "the good news."

Shane got a summer haircut, too! Carrie sent me this picture as foreshadowing.

Technically, it doesn't happen until next week when I'm cleaning out my classroom. You'll see the difference in some of the swimming pictures that go up this week, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment