Friday, June 23, 2023

James River Tubing and a Trip South! (Summer)

Shane spent all week with one youth group for Youth Week, and then he capped the week off with a tubing trip on the James River with his normal youth group! I had to scramble to get a permission slip notarized (annoying), but we got there on time no problem! I was thrilled there was an activity in our neck of the woods!


Shane was annoyed when I made him sunscreen up! He hasn't had to wear it all year, but hours on the river with the water reflecting the sun made it safer to be prudent.


The goal was to head out to meet Nana and Pop once the trip was done. I traded texts to update them on our time table. I spent the week making sure the car was ready.


I replaced a headlight bulb, cleaned up the inside, and took it for a service/oil change. 

The trip ran late (of course), but Shane came back super happy. He loved being on the water and talked about it the whole way home! Liz had assigned him as the snack runner. He had to ferry snacks back and forth (which kept him busy and wore him out! Well played, Liz. Well played!).


We had him clean up and then loaded the car. It was off to NC!


Carrie came with us this time, so it was a full family trip!


Shane was soooo happy to see Nana and Pop. He's been counting down the days and updated me repeated every day (Cousin time! Cousin time!).


Nana was nice enough to take a family picture of us (She liked the haircut!).


But was she using the 0.6x zoom? Is my head really that big? It looks deformed at that angle!


Carrie looked lovely, at least.

I drove down and Carrie drove back. We saw the construction that shut down I40W that Google had to route us around.


Carrie requested a treat on the way home.


We discovered a fantastic place around Lynchburg. It may become a necessary summer stop! Carrie wants to take Shane when we pick him up.

So Shane got what he's been wanting the most this summer: Time with the SC family. Carrie and I went back to our alone time knowing he was well taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment