Thursday, June 8, 2023

Dumpster (Summer)

Carrie decided to try something new: She ordered a drive-away dumpster.


A truck dropped the dumpster off for the weekend. It would haul it off Monday morning.


Carrie nearly cleared out the entire third bay in the hay barn! Unfortunately, she discovered that a bunch of bees/yellowjackets made a ground nest amongst the clutter. It's a problem for later.


Summer clean-up has started. I've been working on the laundry, dishes, and the house mostly. Carrie hired someone to fix the weld on our outside barn spigot, but he couldn't do it. He didn't charge and the spigot should last longer now, so at least it's downgraded to a problem for later instead of imminent disaster.


I like to be visible when we have people on the property. While Carrie liaised, I cleaned out the rest of the dead hay from the hay barn. I used the gator to drag it off to our compost pile in the woods.


While I was already sweaty, I gathered up all the other trash around the house to chuck in the dumpster.


I used the gator to haul up whatever Carrie packed up at the barn.


By the end of the weekend, we'd cleared out a ton of our trash. Each dump run normally costs us at least an hour in time round trip.


I feel like we got multiple dump runs crammed into the dumpster. I wouldn't want to do it often, but I think it was economical with the amount of crap we were sitting on.

Ironically, if we'd waited another week or so we would have had even more trash to chuck in after Carrie started her next bit barn project...but that's another tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment