Saturday, September 9, 2017

Shane's First RPG

Carrie was out all day and we had no play date, so I started Shane on his first RPG: Shining in the Darkness. 


He was a fan.


We played the last several hours of the night. We'd been out all day, so I didn't feel bad about it. Shane's getting to the point he can read, so I figured it was a good time to try out an older game. The older games tend to be a little simpler, and the classic JRPGs are turn based so reflexes and processing time aren't an issue (Grinding for levels is, but that's a novelty for Shane!).

I've never actually played Shining in the Darkness, either. I knew of it and could recognize the cover. It's the first in the Shining game series. I was a huge fan of the Shining Force games as a kid. I remember playing the first one and Bill and Dan's, Matt and I played Shining Force 2, then I got the Sword of Hajya on the Game Gear and played it in my mom's van in the driveway....Let's just say I have a history with this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment