Monday, September 4, 2017

U8 Maroon's Season Starts

A new year, a new team. Shane's on the team that meets at his school instead of another.


There was definitely some recognition going on when we arrived. Then there was climbing.


When the kids all arrived, the coaches started by asking some questions. "Does anyone have a nickname they go by?

Shane raised his hand. "My dad calls me Stink-Butt!"


Shane loved the attention. He was a ham for the beginning of practice calling out and non-stop chattering. Later, he told the circle, "Sometimes I cheat."

I've been to his games. Give up? Yes. Cheat? He'd have to learn how. You'd think Shane was attention starved with how much he enjoys the spotlight sometimes.

He looked good when practice started, though. I don't know how much of it is being older and how much of it is his previous practice paying off.


The coaches split the kids up for 2 on 2 games. Shane scored a goal and tied his game 1 to 1.


He would have been happy with the tie, but the coach started overtime.


"No more overtime. I don't like it," Shane told the coach. Still, I thought he looked good. Way better than I thought he'd be.

He looked decent in the four on four game, too. Shane was in the game. He participated, he made an effort....I was very pleased!


It was an auspicious start to the season. I'll need to buy Shane some new shin guards and a soccer ball. All of ours went MIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment