Friday, May 8, 2020

COVID 19 - The Coronavirus: Final Math Assignment

For the final math assignment, students had a few options of what to do. We had a set of challenging questions, a scavenger hunt, and an art activity. We wanted to give kids the chance for something fun. Whether they thought that was puzzling out questions or doing art was up to them!

I like assignments that have a low barrier to entry, but allow for a high ceiling.

The basic rules were "Use shapes to make a picture." Spend more than a minute was implied, but there wasn't a requirement for coloring or actually making "good" art. Students could draw by hand, make a collage, or use the computer.

This cat was an example of something that got credit. It didn't have to be fancy.


This one did not.


It didn't help it's case that it was next to this in my inbox.


There was a wide variety of effort levels shown. 


Sometimes there were references I got!


I got a lot of really good ones I want to print for next year! I just had these pictures on hand. There are a bunch of other really good ones, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment