Friday, June 4, 2021

Graduation 2021

Graduation was split in two to follow all the mandates for social distancing. It was also outside, bright, and hot the Friday I signed up for. 


I searched the house for my gown the night before and couldn't find it. I haven't worn it since the move and I went through the garage, boxes, and everywhere I could think of. Then I repeated the process Friday morning.

Alas, I need a new gown.

Thankfully, Scott had a spare he loaned me. There was a hood in the lost in found in counseling I proudly wore, too.


I was probably supposed to dress up more underneath. I thought the robe would cover more than it did. No one could see my ChicFilA shirt, but I was the only guy showing any leg due to wearing shorts and sandals. 


I felt a little awkward at first, but I appreciated those shorts and my sandals while roasting on the field.  Graduation gowns are made of some sort of non-breathable, human cooking fabric. I did my best to sit in Marcell's shadow, because that's what tall friends are for. 


The school year is not done for most of us yet, but congratulations to all the seniors! The one I was worried about managed to pass my class the day of the deadline. 

I got home just in time to use the last daylight to do horse chores. Carrie was laid up on the couch and didn't want to move either from pain or stomach trouble (I cannot remember which).


 There's a week and a half to go. Summer is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment