Thursday, June 17, 2021

Someone Else's Pool

Shane and I have gone to a pool every day I haven't worked and on some I have.

Emphasis on "a pool."

Normally, we go to the one in Scottsville, but Thursday we went to Dylan's neighborhood.


John and I texted the week before about getting the boys together once school was out. Shane and I drove up Thursday while Carrie and Grandma were transporting Eowyn.


Dylan and Eli's neighborhood pool was only 3.5 or 4 feet deep max, but it made for a fun arena for tag and sharks and minnows!


Two of Dylan and Eli's step-siblings, Ava and Mason, came with and it was a veritable party for a couple of hours. Kelly and John seemed to know a lot of their neighbors and there was a sense of community.


We went back to the house afterward for a short time after. John offered for us to join dinner, but I wanted to get back to Carrie. 

It was a lot of fun and we'll need to do it again. It'll have to wait until after the beach, though. Shane's got a lot going on in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment