Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Maskless in Costco

May 29th was the first time I've been maskless in Costco. There were signs that vaccinated people could shed their covers the last time Carrie and I went, but she wanted to keep hers on. She was worried about people who'd say, "I identify as vaccinated" when they were not (and probably fought against the idea of vaccines, too). I kept mine on as a sign of spousal support. 

This time, however, I breathed free....and took a picture as proof.


Not gonna lie, it felt weird. The mask became normal at some point, but now it's time to start phasing it out. I think a lot is going to change over the summer.

The Governor still has a mandate in place for schools to finish out the school year with masks, so I'll keep wearing mine there. The Federal House Representative for my area has started a petition to "end the suffering of the children and take off the masks," but I'm not signing it. One, wearing a mask could be annoying, but suffering? Hardly. Kids adapt faster than adults, and Two, there's barely any time left. Making big changes at the end when it's going well enough seems foolhardy. I'd save the big changes for a fresh start next year....which I do hope will be without mandated masks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment