Tuesday, August 9, 2022

I thought I'd caught up

I thought I'd caught up. I even started to write a "I caught up!" post.

I was wrong.

There's one week left of summer left. I'm not ready to go back, but my mind is acutely aware school will start again. I've started to check my work email. The schedule for in-service week should show up. The irrational part of me wants to make sure I don't miss any emails about some sort of problem. 

So I haven't been in a writing headspace. I've wanted to think, but not think too deeply.

Which brought back and old friend: FreeCell.


FreeCell is my favorite computer card game. It beats both Solitaire and Hearts easily. I've started to play it while idling at the computer in between things. I typically finish a game between 2 and 3 minutes, so I don't feel bad clicking through several of them. Dealing with a familiar pattern that's hard enough to not be automatic can be relaxing for me (or at the least, kill time without feeling lazy!). 

The new FreeCell versions are a little too smart sometimes. When I was in college there was no right-click to send a card to the nearest match. It does make things go faster, but I feel a little guilty if the computer serves me up something I overlooked (and I get annoyed when it moves a card to an empty column when I clearly intended for it to go into a free cell!).

I'm writing this 8/20. I'm going to have to move the "I'm caught up!" post to when I actually catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment