Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I thought Carrie was going to be gone for Mother's Day weekend. She surprised Shane and I at church.

One moment, I'm singing a song and the next a beautiful woman throws herself at me and gives me a kiss. I was so surprised, I pulled back to double-check that it was my wife! Carrie's excitability and passion are two of the things I love about her!

We got to surprise her, too!

Shane and I spent the whole weekend cleaning the house from top to bottom (he wasn't much help). Before church, we went to Wegman's and grabbed Mommy a fruit tart treat!


There's a lot of history (and flavor) behind those tarts. Carrie and I used to visit the same Wegman's when we were dating. I'd never discovered a grocery store I could call awesome before and Carrie wanted to fill me in. It became a tradition that Carrie got a fruit tart whenever we went to buy groceries.

After we got hitched and moved to Centreville, there was still a Wegman's within a reasonable distance. Sometimes I would try to surprise Carrie with a fruit tart or something else from the bakery. That all stopped when we moved to Chantilly and Carrie wanted to eat healtheir, but Mother's Day is a good excuse for something sweet.

Shane and I love you, Carrie! You're a great mother and great mothers deserve the best fruit tart your boys can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment