Thursday, August 8, 2013

What Summer?

It's hard to believe that next school year's contract starts in a couple of weeks. This summer was a working summer. I spent the first week off of school doing all the chores and things that Carrie and I let slip in the May/June rush. Then, I started two online classes, spent 3 weeks teaching summer school, and after next week I will have spent 3.5 weeks in classes.

Time has been zipping by, but it's still a little bit like a vacation to me. There's no stress of grades, job security, SOLs, conflicts or drama in the classroom. Instead, it's personal work towards my own goals, and work and chores for my family.

I will have one week fully off before school starts again! I don't know if I'll spend it in one last mad rush to complete all of the landscaping or to try and do some other sort of project. I'd like to start the school year focused without a lot of side tasks mucking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment