Friday, September 18, 2015

Climbing Dude


Trees are a great physical and mental puzzle for a kid. My siblings and I loved to climb. Shane carries on the tradition.

I call out all sorts of helpful (and mandatory) advice. "Keep your weight near the trunk!" "I want three points of contact! Two hands and one foot, or two feet and one hand!" "Don't break the branches! Feel if it bends!"

I hang close as a safety. Shane dangled from a stuck ankle for a moment on one early attempt to swing up. He's learned since.

PS - Carrie cringed as she read that last paragraph. I can't predict when or where she will, but I know it happened!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Shane is a climber like you and your siblings were! He's a brave one! Pop and I both think he looks so tall in that picture. We're so happy he loves being outside and appreciates nature.

    ReplyDelete