Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Walking Shoes

I walked back 2.6 miles from the repair shop yesterday. The Volvo needed new brakes and rotors. I drove it in and hiked it out (Carrie had to pick up Shane). It wasn't ready until today.

That meant I had to walk to work this morning. Carrie and Shane drove me up the hill before they went to pre-school. It cut off half a vertical mile.

After work, I hiked 1.8 miles to the shop for pay and pick up. The ride home was air-conditioned and relaxing.

You do what you have to do. I chased Shane to train.

PS - It's nice we live somewhere everything was close enough I could walk, but now I really want a bike.

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I plan on buying bikes sometime soon. We're proud of you for being so strong. Glad they could fix the car, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's really strong so much as being willing to do it. People all around the world walk every day because they don't have a choice. Remember Megan's crossing the road video from New Delhi? Here there are sidewalks, traffic laws, and coffee shops. I even walked around the hospital.

      Delete